5 Reasons I love my future Sister-in-Law
Last night I got home from four glorious days in tropical North Queensland. The only downside is the sunburn…you’d think I’d know better than to not use sunscreen. After all, I’ve only been living under a hole in the ozone layer for the past twenty-eight years.
But back to the point. My future sister-in-law. I knew I liked her, but I’ve found that a holiday with someone establishes whether you’ll be friends for ever or hate each other in a few months.
Thankfully, she falls into the first category. Here’s why:
1. We went to the supermarket to get supplies, and she got the chocolate without us even needing to discuss it.
2. While hiking in Mossman Gorge, she kept stopping to touch everything…moss, tree trunks, leaves, rocks. She’s an art teacher and texture fascinates her. She gets so excited, it’s contagious.
3. Riding the SkyRail from Kuranda back to Cairns, she observed that the rainforest looked like mountains of broccoli. She’s right, but I never saw it before.
4. She’s in love with Wally. We met Wally while snorkelling on the Great Barrier Reef. Go to http://www.reefmagiccruises.com/gallery to see his picture. In her words, he feels “squidgy.”
5. We rode on ATVs, a guided beginner’s session on a relatively tame track. We were barely two minutes in before one of the instructors pulled her over because she was going so slow she was holding everyone up. The instructor rode double with her for most of the session because she had trouble with the accelerator, i.e. pushing it.
She made up for it at the end, though!
And those are only five reasons I’m glad my brother is marrying her!